Postal Service chooses UPS over FedEx.

You said specifically he advocating giving up scope.

You must not have heard him at various hub turn meetings after the scope pass to the company.

Correct, I wasn’t there. I’ll admit. From his comms he seemed pretty deadset on rushing a subpar deal which puts it in my mind he was probably ok with the first TA. Of course since people polled scope as a big issue he had to advocate now that scope can’t be compromised. Thats purely my opinion. From talking to my buddies who were at the latest meeting it sounds like the new MEC chair you guys got is an excellent step in the right direction. I wish you guys nothing but the best. I love seeing the union turn over a new leaf after what happened last summer and this fall.

There have been more than a couple of instances where two pilots deviate prior to landing in ANC and one that doesn't resulting in a reschedule to fly back to MEM. Never understood why guys don't deviate earlier. Even when I have got in late and required an adjustment to my pairing to make it legal for the scheduled DH, scheduling did it no problem. I just had to deviate again after it was fixed.
that's wild, when they reassign us they just cancel our tickets so we can't leave

Definitely not jumpseating in to Memphis to take the scheduled. It’s not giving any leverage, there are plenty of flights to get people to where the plane is. They have literally charted private jets to get pilots to where they need to be.

Plus advocating to do something coordinated could constitute An illegal job action

So sincere question, why would they put that language in there if it doesn’t matter?
The block language is because Atlas flies SJU as an out and back with 3 crew and we do it as a 36 hour layover pairing. So what is that pairing worth? What we'd fly it as or what Atlas flies it as? The back and forth is why it takes years to get a wet lease payment. JF ran with that and dreamed up scenarios to wet lease MEM-BNA. Never mind the fact that no one would make money wet leasing a plane for that little block. We didn't trust the SMEs and any explanation was selling.
Fact is if UPS didn't threaten a strike we would have never gotten two HUGE customers and we would have been in 4.A.2.c. October is going to be a blood bath. Europe is weak, business is contracting. No one can still tell me the number of 737s increased since the TNT merger. Evidence shows there's little to no increase. They are however putting 737s on 75 routes with low payloads and ATRs on the even lower payload routes.
I respect your passion and I'll do my part as I always have, but you have a large portion that thinks they can hold a gun to the company's head and if they say no we are going to get released tomorrow. Crap there was someone today that said UPS almost striked thinking it was the pilots and one post later someone asking about carry in conflict on an almost 9 year old contract. Sorry but this stuff should be known by now, but we sure had a bunch of experts that didn't need education on the TA.

The block language is because Atlas flies SJU as an out and back with 3 crew and we do it as a 36 hour layover pairing. So what is that pairing worth? What we'd fly it as or what Atlas flies it as? The back and forth is why it takes years to get a wet lease payment. JF ran with that and dreamed up scenarios to wet lease MEM-BNA. Never mind the fact that no one would make money wet leasing a plane for that little block. We didn't trust the SMEs and any explanation was selling.
Fact is if UPS didn't threaten a strike we would have never gotten two HUGE customers and we would have been in 4.A.2.c. October is going to be a blood bath. Europe is weak, business is contracting. No one can still tell me the number of 737s increased since the TNT merger. Evidence shows there's little to no increase. They are however putting 737s on 75 routes with low payloads and ATRs on the even lower payload routes.
I respect your passion and I'll do my part as I always have, but you have a large portion that thinks they can hold a gun to the company's head and if they say no we are going to get released tomorrow. Crap there was someone today that said UPS almost striked thinking it was the pilots and one post later someone asking about carry in conflict on an almost 9 year old contract. Sorry but this stuff should be known by now, but we sure had a bunch of experts that didn't need education on the TA.
I am constantly reminded of how little I know about the contract every time I pick it up to read. Sometimes it confuses the heck out of me, sometimes I understand it, and sometimes I’m somewhere in between. There is a lot to miss out on if you don’t know where to look to find answers. Ultimately I think the lazy folks (myself included sometimes) just need to do the work themselves if they want to exploit the benefit available to them. I can’t help everyone with their iPad and I certainly don’t expect others to spoon feed the contract… BUT I am thankful when folks will act as a sounding board to help me make sure I don’t hurt myself unintentionally.

The UPS pilots made it clear that they would not cross picket lines and would be effectively be on strike until UPS and the drivers came to an agreement.

What "should be known by now" about someone thinking the UPS pilots almost went on strike?

I haven't had the same "fun" watching and listening to my coworkers melt down over it. People are scared. Families will be affected. The trajectory of this company is very concerning.

The amount of brain damage this place has caused me since 2018 is quite frankly astonishing. It started with living in Hong Kong and the protests, then COVID in Asia, then my base closing, now the constant bad news with horrible leadership, etc. While FedEx isn’t to be blamed for these events, the lack of communication I’ve witnessed throughout all these events has shown this place does NOT care about me or my family.

If I was smart I would’ve left a year ago like some of the other guys on here did. I’m sure @JustinS and @USN88 wake up everyday extremely thankful to leave this dumpster fire.

The way FedEx treats employees is just disgusting, and I am really upset at myself for drinking the kool aid six years ago.

The UPS pilots made it clear that they would not cross picket lines and would be effectively be on strike until UPS and the drivers came to an agreement.

What "should be known by now" about someone thinking the UPS pilots almost went on strike?
Honoring a picket line and being released to strike are two completely different things.

The amount of brain damage this place has caused me since 2018 is quite frankly astonishing. It started with living in Hong Kong and the protests, then COVID in Asia, then my base closing, now the constant bad news with horrible leadership, etc. While FedEx isn’t to be blamed for these events, the lack of communication I’ve witnessed throughout all these events has shown this place does NOT care about me or my family.

If I was smart I would’ve left a year ago like some of the other guys on here did. I’m sure @JustinS and @USN88 wake up everyday extremely thankful to leave this dumpster fire.

The way FedEx treats employees is just disgusting, and I am really upset at myself for drinking the kool aid six years ago.

I miss my buddies and the camaraderie that came with it. I miss the FDA lifestyle that will soon cease to exist. Globetrotting the world in business class was rather lovely, too.

I don’t miss arguing that a 3 day trip should pay more than 12hrs. I don’t miss JF. I don’t miss that phone ringing at 2:30am.

It’s been a great career for a lot of people. It’s made them feel invincible in a profession that often cuts you at the knees. I hope all of my friends still there get to experience the Cinderella career it’s been for a lot of people in the sunset of theirs.

I miss my buddies and the camaraderie that came with it. I miss the FDA lifestyle that will soon cease to exist. Globetrotting the world in business class was rather lovely, too.

I don’t miss arguing that a 3 day trip should pay more than 12hrs. I don’t miss JF. I don’t miss that phone ringing at 2:30am.

It’s been a great career for a lot of people. It’s made them feel invincible in a profession that often cuts you at the knees. I hope all of my friends still there get to experience the Cinderella career it’s been for a lot of people in the sunset of theirs.
I wish nothing but the best for the guys that have left… anyone mocking them deserves a swift kick to the nuts. I hope you are truly happy wherever you have decided to go and I’m saddened that we can’t retain talent due to a fascination with short term stock buy backs instead of long term brand expansion/being the best in industry.

I just don't see why we are hiring that many people here at Brown. I'm sure most of the usps will be folded into our trucking network. But a part of me is happy to be hiring again.
I was surprised to see 300 also. I thought 50 maybe 75 tops. If the MD retirement plan stays the same we’re going to be at a net negative on A/C at some point from what I remember. My thoughts are we won’t see another airplane to replace the MD like a lot of people think. This place constantly shows how it likes to be efficient. I could see more 76’s and more flights sharing cities (SDF-OKC-TUL). The company then has more of a common type and when a crew calls out sick, fatigued, etc it’s easier to get them replaced vs. trying to get a MD or 74 crew replaced in SoCal or MIA.

My thoughts are we won’t see another airplane to replace the MD like a lot of people think.

I think it's entirely possible that they'll hoover up whatever 767s they can find before the deadline and maybe some 744s from the desert. OTOH, I don't think even THEY know what they're going to do until Atlanta calls from on high, and I doubt that any decisions will be made (if avoidable) on that score until at least November (elections) and it becomes more clear whether or not this economic "soft landing" is going to have any attendant bounces.

I think it's entirely possible that they'll hoover up whatever 767s they can find before the deadline and maybe some 744s from the desert. OTOH, I don't think even THEY know what they're going to do until Atlanta calls from on high, and I doubt that any decisions will be made (if avoidable) on that score until at least November (elections) and it becomes more clear whether or not this economic "soft landing" is going to have any attendant bounces.
This part! I’m always amazed at the disconnect between Atlanta and Louisville.

I doubt there are any 744 to be picked up with low amount of hours. Since I don't see the big picture, but it would have been interesting since we are leasing the land next to RWY 15 in ANC, if we started building a ramp there and start buying 777's. Would be a nice little hub for the 777's

I hear FedEx pilots are really bending over backwards for a deal, just really letting it all hang out now. Not afraid to show everything they got and establishing dominance over management.

I hear FedEx pilots are really bending over backwards for a deal, just really letting it all hang out now. Not afraid to show everything they got and establishing dominance over management.
Like this?
BOB1.jpg

Uh, I got plaques in the mail, peak season
Shout out to my UPS workers makin' sure I receive 'em
You can do it too, believe it

-Jack Harlow, probably

Back